If anyone else out there is up at 2am in the morning, give me your info so we can chat. :) Well I guess you can say that life has changed a little bit since little Kate has arrived to McCalla. She rocks our world on a daily basis. She normally does pretty well through the night but 2 nights ago she chose to get up almost every 2 hours. I thought I was going to die! There are a few things that make me ill: lack of sleep, being cold, and being hungry. If you ever happen to catch me with all 3 of these things occuring, watch out. I turn into crazy Allison. :) Anyway, things I have noticed about Kate this week include her getting extremely frustrated when it is time to eat and she can't get it quick enough (I would say that is like me...I lack patience), she is a little dramatic (she spits up alot and might have reflux but her faces when this is happening are priceless...that might be like me too), and she likes to stretch alot and reposition her head when she is sleeping (this might be like Don, because I don't think it is like me). She grunts ALOT. At first I was worried that this meant she wasn't sleeping sound or that she was having problems with reflux and she was in pain. The nurse from the NICU assured me that premies just grunt alot and that is normal. I am glad it is normal but sometimes it is hard for us to sleep through. We will survive.
On another note, Don and I are learning about discipline for Petey. Don bought a spray bottle this morning so that we could squirt Petey with water whenever he was misbehaving. Well, as I was typing this up Petey shoved his ball under the couch which turns into him scratching the couch. He has started doing this for attention. I quickly grabbed our newly purchased squirt bottle and sprayed him. He has since been traumatized by running to our bedroom and hiding under the dresser. He will not budge coming out. I hope I haven't scarred him for the rest of his life! Ahhhh!
Here are some pics of Kate's first bath. Who knew it took 2 people to bathe a 6 pounder!





And some visitors (sorry forgot to take pics of everyone that came by):

5 comments:
oh..poor you allison..Man I hate baby kate is keeping you up! I am afraid I won't be that person to call at 2am as I am usually sleeping at that time! :-) I told Ryan about Petey..that is too funny..please let us know if he ever came out! :-) Glad you're coming to Bunco..so excited for you!
I love your new pictures! They're precious. And poor Petey! He'll learn now that you have the water bottle!!
Kate sounds like she's going thru a growth spurt? Not sure what the typical time-frame is for preemies. John always ate more often (even at night) at those times--so be prepared! Poor Petey :( Sounds like he's not adjusting as the older (albeit furry) brother.
Man, I hate to say it but I still never know if I am going to get a full night's sleep or not. It's always something. Once she stops feeding in the middle of the night it will be teething or a cold. You do somehow get used to it though! You're going to make it!!
sweet littlepussy, I LOVE baby
Post a Comment