We started off our wild weekend by throwing a ridiculous amount of stuff in the camry and heading to Albertville. Before we leave Don gets a call from his friend Chris (who is throwing a Surprise Graduation party for his wife Stacy) who says that his child's baseball game was called off in the 3rd inning due to rain that morning and they had reschedule it for that afternoon at 4pm. Chris had arranged some of Stacy's close friends to meet at Surin in Huntsville beginning at 5pm to surprise Stacy. So Don and I get to Albertville around 1:30pm. We hand over our daughter to her grandparents who oohhh and aahhh over her. Then at 3pm, Don informs me we (including the babe) need to jump back in the car because we are headed to Chris's child's ballgame before the party. I was confused at this point because Don never tells me anything and Chris was depending on us as an excuse to get Stacy out of the house for dinner (aka. party) that night. So we get to their house and Stacy is apologizing like crazy and telling us to please just watch a movie at their house and blow off the game. I really wasn't sure what to say to Stacy about what we were doing that night because I was still in the dark on what she knew. Anywho, after Chris blamed everything from the restaurant I wanted to eat at to the way Stacy needed to dress and the rush of baby Kate's needs on us, we made it to Surin in Huntsville and Stacy was indeed surprised. Yay! Here is a picture of the new grad and myself. Let me just say that I am so proud of her for this accomplishment. She finished up her schooling while taking care of her 4, I mean 3 kids. :)

So we didn't make it back to Albertville until 10:30 that night and then I had to do a little work in Gladys' kitchen for the roast I was making for lunch the next day. It was a Paula Deen recipe. It was pretty good, just required alot more attention then most roast recipes and I woke everyone in the house up and put Don to work crushing beef bouillon and garlic cloves. So next morning we go to church then back to the Farmers' where 3 inside dogs were waiting on us. Also, Tab (Don's sister) and her husband Rob joined us, along with their children Ryan (3) and Reid (9 months). That house was definitely rocking. Here are a few pictures from that afternoon.



On the way back home we stopped by my parents. We seriously were all like zombies by this point. Mom kept asking me what was wrong. We left there and headed home around 7pm. Kate slept the whole way home and didn't wake up until 8am the next day. Petey slept the whole next day without budging much. Family and friends wear you out! So at about 9pm on Mother's Day I realized I didn't have one picture of me and Kate from my 1st Mother's Day so I made Don take a picture of us. She is completely zonked out in her carseat from the ride home. Overall, it was a good first Mother's Day. I will probably put in a request for next year's to be a little more relaxing. :)
1 comment:
Bless your heart...have you recuperated yet? I know the weekend was a rush & a blur, but I really appreciated ya'll being here & I'm glad we got to spend some time with ya’ll (and I know Chris appreciated all that he was able to blame on you!) I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day. Kate is so precious :)
Post a Comment