Monday, May 4, 2009

Husbandless

Don is headed out of town today until Thursday for some training in Dallas. My mom is coming to stay with us tonight. Should be loads of fun watching Dancing with the Stars with her. We like to comment alot. Like we know anything :).



This weekend wasn't as jampacked as last weekend. We went to sweet little Ella-Bella's par-tay at Pump It Up Saturday and it was lots of fun for the kids and adults too. I didn't do any jumping (silly me wore flipflops and not socks) but Don did. I love watching Don do stuff like that because most people would picture him as a personality type that wouldn't do that sort of thing, ya know, let loose. I held chunk which had a blast just watching all the kids. Don and Ethan did have a little competition going through the blow-up toy maze. Ethan won due to Don's lack of physical activity lately...or maybe he is just better. :) Also, Kate went down the big slide with Don. It was so cute. She didn't show much expression. I don't think she knew to. :) Anywho, we came back home to mow the lawn and make Shrimp/Artichoke Bake (Paula Deen's version). It was yummy!





Kate got some new toys Friday. She is liking her new Sing Along Stage. With a microphone that has a little maraca feel to it. She also got her very first float for the beach. We are headed down a week from Thursday. Mom found the perfect place at Sandestin. It is on the beach, ground level, and provides a crib. Not to mention it is beautifully decorated. We are SO excited! Kate's checklist: sunglasses - check, swimsuit - check, multiple hats - check, sunscreen - check, float - check, baby swim diapers - check, bugspray - check, flipflops - check. I guess she needs a swim cover-up and baby towel.

Kate turns 7 months old on Friday so I will update the blog then on what she has been up to lately. I need to go get busy cleaning this house since the white glove lady is coming tonight :). I hope to have the house in better shape once Don Juan gets home. That would be a nice surprise for him, besides Kate smiling at him from ear to ear and Petey jumping up and down.

OH, I almost forgot. Friday I was convinced we had squirrels in our attic. I was laying in bed thinking I heard a shift in weight in the house. I thought, I don't think anyone else is in the house. Then I heard a faint tapping noise. I was convinced it was squirrels due to the man down the road telling me about his neighbor whose attic got ramsacked by squirrels while he was out of town. I was dreading the damage and already thinking how about if they burn down the house AND my beloved PETEY. Saturday afternoon I went and got the mail out of the mailbox then when I reached the front door I saw a plastic bag with a Wayne's Pest Control bill inside. It was for our neighbor. SO that is what I believe it was! SO much for my guard dog alerting me to it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ugh... Well, I still think I would take a squirrel over a roach! :=)