Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Imprint This

So as I was feeding Kate her applesauce earlier, Petey did the cutest thing. He wedged himself in between me and Kate (tight spot) with his paws on my knees. He wanted to make sure I didn't forget that he would like some applesauce too. Kate was happy as a little lark kicking her legs and watching Petey. So Petey was getting slightly kicked in the eyes because he put himself in that situation. So with Petey's right eye closed and Kate swinging her little legs hitting Petey and the side of her high chair, I smiled thinking, I hope this imprints in my mind so that when years down the road I think back about Kate as a baby, I will remember this. Isn't it weird how there are certain distinct memories you have from your childhood, high school, or college? It might be mixed with a song. I just think it is odd how you don't know at the moment what will imprint forever in your mind. Anyway, just food for thought. Since I don't have a picture of that, here is one of Kate showing off her consignment finds. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

How cute is baby Kate!! I love her outfit!

Jennifer Earls said...

I totally thought this post was going to be Twilight related (based on the heading)! Glad to see that you guys are doing so well!