Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Can Have Your Cake, and EAT IT TOO!


This past weekend we headed up to North Alabama for our nephew Reid's 1st birthday party. He turned 1 on 8/5/09. Because Kate is beginning to notice more things I was excited to see how she would interact with the boys, their dogs, and the boys' toys. She is starting to want to touch Reid more. Her and Ryan (the 3 year old) don't care a flip about each other. She really didn't pay the dogs too much attention either. She did, however, love all of R&R's toys. It made me want to go out and buy her a bunch of new ones but Don's sister, Tabitha and his mom reassured me that she has a birthday coming up and before long she will have more than enough. She loved Reid's jumperoo and Uncle Rob gave her a red balloon that she loved to almost pieces. I had to take it away from her before it popped loudly in her face and scarred her for life.

Reid didn't do much with his birthday cake. All he did was stick a finger in it. I couldn't believe it! I think him and Kate will have slightly different personalities!



2 comments:

Amy said...

I know what you mean about wanting to go buy new toys. I had to restrain myself the other day and remind myself that she will have a birthday party very soon. Have you started planning for her party?

Alli said...

Don't you dare buy toys--in a few years, your house will be overflowing with them. She'll get plenty at her first bday. And I'll go ahead and place my bet--she will poke her finger in her cake and eat it.