Monday, September 1, 2008

Football Kickoff & Curtains

We got back yesterday afternoon from a very exciting get away to Atlanta, GA. We witnessed a surprise victory when the Crimson Tide defeated the Clemson Tigers, 34-10. I will admit, I was holding my breath the whole time and didn't believe we had the "W" until there was about 5 minutes left in the game. If you have been an Alabama over the last few years, you understand my uncertainty. It was a blast to say the least! We went over there with my mom and dad Saturday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. We had a wonderful meal in Marietta, GA after checking into the hotel at Stoney River. Its a a steak joint and it was amazing! I would recommend it to anyone. The GA Dome was truly alive once we got there 45 minutes prior to kickoff. The Clemson fans were very nice and had real catchy cheers. I did get a little nervous when all of them started jumping to a certain song the GA Dome played. Seriously the Dome was shaking! :) We sat in the Clemson section due to the Clemson section being alot cheaper to buy on Ebay. Needless to say, we had a great time and are hopeful for the 2008 football season. Here are a few pics from that night...






Today I went with a friend of mine, Keri Southern, to shop for baby stuff. Since she is a mother of 2 little girls, I figured she was an obvious choice to give me advice. We started out at Pottery Barn which has precious stuff (of which I eyed Kate a Halloween costume for next year, possibly the pumpkin or puppy dog), then made our way to Babies R Us. Keri confirmed I made a good choice on my stroller/travel system selection then we found the prize of the day...curtains for Kate's room. I was going to have someone make her some but we found some on clearance that I believe will be perfect. Here they are, 1st is the curtain taken out of the bag, 2nd one is up close curtain with my swatch sample of the bumper I am having made, and below that is a link to the same curtain being sold on ebay...




http://i6.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/e5/e3/db9c_1.JPG


Once I get some of the nursery together, I will be sure to post some pictures.


The last stop today was at Belk. We found this little dress marked down and I figured Kate would have to have it. I plan to do a little more shopping in the coming days for Kate some marked down clothes for next summer.




3 comments:

Kelly Key said...

Allison, I cannot believe you found curtains to match..how perfect. They look great! That little dress is adorable too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I posted a stupid comment because I hadn't read all your blog so I deleted it! Anyways, your things for Kate are so cute! Are you registered only at Babies R Us? Tell your sweet Mother I said hello!