Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Football Season is Upon Us


Okay, so I used to think that Spring was my favorite time of the year. It was the end to my busy season and there was new life all around me. Well now I have a new favorite time of the year...Fall! As you can tell by the title of this thread, one of the reason is because of it being football season. Another reason is because I love cool, crisp days spending time with my husband grilling out on the deck. Its the one time of the year we spend almost all of our weekend together. It truly makes me happy! It also marks the start of holidays and lots of love around us. Well this year, as you know, we have something additional to be excited about and that is our little Kate entering this world. 13 weeks left! I have a feeling I am about to start exploding. In the meantime, I have ALOT to do around the house. Like, finishing getting her room ready which involves, getting the nursery furniture in, setting it up, getting the crib bedding (Oct. 8th expected finish date), having curtains made, decorating the walls, possible purchase of a chandelier and rug, among other things. I also want to make sure my floors are really clean so we might have someone come out and professionally clean them, especially since we have a dog in the house. Also on my list is all my Christmas shopping and to have the Christmas decorations up by the beginning of November. Its so funny but I really want to decorate for Fall this year, like by having pumpkins sitting around and all Fall like decorations. I guess this is just the start of me really getting into Holidays. I think my mom told me once that children will do that to you. My brother is coming home from Colorado on November 23rd and is suppose to stay through the 29th. I hope Kate is here by then (mom kinda put the pressure on me, like I can decide when she arrives). We also love to have our Wadey home with us. It should be interesting to see how he is with the baby. She will love him one day...probably will want to live with him. Okay, enough rattling for now. Our weekend plans include going to my parents house on Friday and spending the night then getting up Saturday morning and heading to Atlanta for the Clemson/Bama game at the Georgia Dome. We are going to spend the night and head back to Birmingham on Sunday after church. Not sure on Monday's plans yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look sooo cute!!! I love the name you have picked out for her and the bedding/room is adorable!