Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally, crib bedding chosen & Finalization of her NAME

So I have been very frustrated for a few weeks because I knew there was cute crib bedding out there but I was having trouble finding it for the price I wanted to pay. I had looked on several websites to get ideas, http://www.javisdavis.com/ and http://www.polkatotdesigns.com/ but I really wasn't ready to shell out the big bucks. I heard about a lady on Hwy 119 that made custom baby bedding for $150 a set. I thought I would definitely give her a try. Mom and I went out there 2 weeks ago and saw all the fabric that she had. She did have alot but nothing really hit the spot with me. I wanted a soft, sweet look and she had alot of bold fabrics. We asked her about getting some I had seen in a store and she thought she could do that and then send me the swatches for the companion prints. I waited as 2 weeks rolled by and then I had to take action. The whole nursery depended on the fabrics in the bedding so I decided to go back by the ladies house and see a similar toile fabric that she was currently working on for a little boy. It looked really good so I decided to get it for our little Kate. By the way, Don and I have officially agreed, that is her name, Katherine Elizabeth Farmer, in short, Kate! Here is what the toile fabric looks like...
I am going to get the lady to pull the soft pinks out in a minky dot pink fabric so that one side of the bumper will be the toile above and one side will be a pink minky dot fabric that looks like this, . She is also doing Kate a blanket that has the pink minky dot and a chocolate minky dot that looks like this, . I am going to get her to monogram the bumper on the pink minky dot side with Kate initials, KEF. The lady also does a small pillow and a fitted crib set which is included in the price above. I think I am going to get the pillow in a off white minky dot with a brown & white polkadot ribbon to go around with a bow at the top. The brown and white polkadot ribbon is also used at the top of the bumper where the toile meets the pink minky dot and to tie the sides of the bumper onto the crib. I will probably get a chocolate brown fitted crib sheet but the pink is also an option. I am very excited about seeing the finished product. She should have it to me by October 8th. Our furniture should come in sometime in the month of September. Yay! Now I just got to get started on the curtains, chair, and accessories.