Today marks the start of my 24th week. Time is flying now. So much to do in so little time. Don and I visited with some family members this weekend who recently had a little boy and they pretty much scared us to death of our lack of free time and lack of sleep. Their little boy is 3 months old and precious but they said sleep is like an afterthought. Not good for a gal that gets very ill without her precious sleep. Don's sister is expected to go into labor any day now. Her due date is August 17th but she has already dilated 4 centimeters. We are so excited for Reid Alexander to enter the world! Our little munckin is sitting tight these days....chewing on cud :). I think she might be like Don because she wakes up late and goes to bed late. She moves around a decent amount but she isn't kicking strong enough for Don to feel yet. And she is so quick with her movements. I love feeling her move though because it lets me know everything is alright. The thought has finally entered my mind that baby is coming out one way or another and there is not a no pain route. :) Guess I will have to suck it up! I am giving Don a week to finalize the name. He does not know this yet but I have told everyone our strongest potential choice of Katherine Elizabeth, and call her Kate. Katherine was Don's dad's mom's name and Elizabeth is my mom's middle name, Don's mom's middle name, and my grandmother Keith's middle name.
On this week's agenda is tonight going to see the Dark Knight for the second time with some girls from church, tomorrow I am going with my mom to talk to a lady about making custom bedding for the baby girl, Wednesday night we have church, nothing Thursday night and Friday night is a promotion party and Casino night at work. Don and I hope to win a sweet gift card at Casino night. Saturday I am leaving for the lake with Petey while Don stays in town and golfs on Saturday and potentially works on a project Sunday. (all of this pending Tab does not have her baby)
Best friends are overrated
12 years ago

2 comments:
Hey Allison! Fun to hear about all that is going on with your baby prep. :-) I hope you're still feeling well. I love the name you're thinking of. Very pretty!
Wade and I were in Canon this weekend playing on the river. He kayaked and did a great job! Get to see my sis this weekend. I'm always to see the belly growth.
Hugs to you and Don and Petey.
Gretchen
Pretty name!
Post a Comment