Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Smith Lake and Watermelon

Petey and I took off to the lake this past weekend while Don stayed home and worked on his favorite hobby, golf. We had a great time. The weather was perfect and there were not too many boats on the lake. Mom and dad got up there before we did and freshened up. They always make it so nice for us. We went on a sunset cruise Saturday night. The dogs loved it. We borrowed my uncle's pontoon boat and it was perfect. I truly love the lake and believe I might be part fish. :)

We did have one scare at the lake though. Petey is just getting used to the water and he is still real skiddish. Mom brought a float done that was canvas and kept the dogs pretty much out of the water. Petey started jumping off the pier onto the float as I held it steady. Then when I would get close to the the pier, he would jump off and onto the pier. He misjudged his leap one time and hit the side of the pier and fell into the water. He was under the water for like 2 seconds. I jumped off my float to save him and mom jumped off hers to save me. He popped right up and we placed him on the pier. I thought it would have really shaken him up. Not one bit! I think he actually liked it and was ready to get back in.

Mom also cut up a huge watermelon. There is nothing like a warm summer day eating ice cold watermelon in the deep South. Good memories!

I will start adding pictures with my blogs in the future. I promise!

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

Poor Petey! Otherwise, it sounds fun, though. :)