This week's updates include Kate being on full bottle feedings, me getting to feed her for the first time and she no longer has any stickers of any sort on her face. Because she is on full bottle feedings, she no longer needs her feeding tube. Yay! I would say Kate is making the necessary baby steps to come home as am I. I started driving again today which was liberating. I got highlights, then went and bottle fed Kate, then picked up Petey some more medicine for his skin condition, etopical dermatitis. Now I am trying to fight off a cold with vitamin C drops and O.J. I am getting so excited about Kate coming home which I would guess would be in the next week or so. I am also scared to death as today she coughed a little when I was feeding her and I thought she was choking! The CPR class of course is full but I am not bringing her home until I know something about CPR on infants. I might have to go to the library or something. Today when I was bottle feeding her, she smiled a few times. It makes my heart melt. She is a daddy's girl too. Don had been sick so he went about 5 days without seeing her. Last night he insisted on holding her...what a twosome! I love my family (Petey included)! The holidays are going to be SO much fun this year. Here is a pic I snapped Sunday afternoon of Kate. She had her head rested on her hands. I thought it was the cutest thing I had ever seen...
3 comments:
What a blessing Allison! That pic's definitely a keeper too (all nestled up sleeping). You're such a smart Mommy to make sure and learn infant CPR too- that's just great parenting. Hurrah for Baby Kate's homecoming!
How sweet! She is beautiful, and you are an amazing Mom!
Adorable!! I may have to make a special trip to visit her!
Post a Comment