Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on Kate

Last night (10/15) I called the nurse to check on Kate and they said that she was going to be introduced to a bottle that night and that she had been moved to a crib. Both of these things are huge because they are the final obstacle to Kate being able to come home....the Final step! I was elated! It was so funny watching the nurse give her that bottle. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it. So she would do a few sucks then look around. Then a few more and then close her eyes. The nurse had to rub her head a few times and keep moving the bottle around in her mouth to keep her awake and interested. After 20 minutes, they put the remaining amount in her feeding tube which was 1/2 to 3/4 of the formula. I was so proud of her. :) Here is a picture...

2 comments:

Ashley and Nolan said...

I love those precious eyes! :) Yay for the final stages!

{Amanda} said...

Allison, this is wonderful news! Kate's taking baby steps to finally go home =)