Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goodbye Level Head, Hello Unstable

Okay, I think I have always had a little of this in me but now that I am responsible for someone else's life, the craziness has multiplied. What I am referring to is my tendency to read into things and taking them to the worst possible scenario. I first was concerned about bobbling Kate's head a few times as I was placing her on my shoulder to burp her. Because she tries to hold her head up, I allowed her to do this and then 2 inches from my collar bone, she decides to let the head bobble. So I read into that and thought I have given her brain damage. The next episode was Thanksgiving morning when I noticed a flat spot on her forehead. I was sure that came from bobbling her head and I had dented her skull. Don and the pediatrician convinced me that I had not done that and it would round out with age. Then there was me thinking pressing against her on the couch might have caused internal bleeding and so on and so on. You get the point... I AM CRAZY!!!

Well our pediatrician called today and told me that Kate has a slight immature left hip. She had an ultrasound on her hips a week and a half ago because she was breech. They do this as a preventative measure. So I asked the doc, "what's next?" He told me that we would go see an orthopedic pediatrician and she would more than likely wear a harness. You know me, I immediately google it and read as many articles as I can get my hands on. Basically it looks like Kate will wear a Pavlik harness for about 6-12 weeks. Her progress will need to be checked on a regular basis which means going to the hospital. Her clothing will probably be altered as I am pretty sure this fits on the outside of her clothing. I feel like everything will be fine but it still makes me nervous. I hate that she has to deal with it but I am thankful it is nothing life threatening. Our appointment is on the 19th of this month. I will update you. Please continue to keep little Kate in your prayers (and my sanity).

1 comment:

Kelly Key said...

Allison you are so funny! You know I have medicine that can help with that "unstableness" :-) ha! ha! I do hate to hear that about baby kate...but what a blessing to have the technology we do where they can fix it fast!