
Let me just say, I LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving. I haven't always felt that way about Thanksgiving because I didn't used to care too much for the food and it just seemed like a tease. I have since changed my mind. It represents the start of the holiday season, lots of love and giving. People seem so happy around this time. Thanksgiving has been at my parent's house for as long as I can remember. I used to hate this because mom would get so worked up over the house and having everything just right which meant me having to thoroughly clean my room and the upstairs bathroom. Plus cleaning things that I didn't even think mattered. I used to ask my mom, "why can't someone else have this at their house?" Mom would respond, "think of all the wonderful memories our family will have at this house". I guess that would shut me up. :) I now appreciate my parents having it at their house so much. My family lives "in the sticks" which is the perfect background for what you expect of a true Thanksgiving setting. My dad (the boy scout) loves having fires around the house. Sometimes one inside and one outside. My aunts, uncles, and cousins seem to love gathering around the fire and sharing stories. My mom has 4 sisters so there is always something on their minds. I also love when they share stories about their childhood and how mean the 2 older twins were to the rest of the girls. I would try to tell a few but believe me, I wouldn't do them justice. All the girls have a real cute personality. This was Kate's first Thanksgiving. Some of the family got to see her for the first time. She slept most of it. Hopefully by Christmas, we will be passing her around and not too afraid of kooties!
This week looks like: Christmas decorations, finish writing thank yous and sending out (top priority), 2 doctors' appointments on Tuesday for Kate (1 involving immunizations, tramatic event!, the other a hip xray which is standard for breach babies), shopping with the mom one night while Don keeps our cup-Kate, and the SEC championship game this weekend, RTR!

Roll Tide!

2 comments:
definitely y'all have much to be thankful for! her little outfits are sooo cute!!!
She's so little! No wonder you didn't want her passed around much. I'm still waiting to know when I can come visit, all washed up and de-germed, of course. Check your gmail.
Post a Comment