I got the idea from a friends blog and another friend of mine just blogged about it but I wanted to give my input on my very first week using E-Mealz. I don't know if you have heard about it or not but basically you pay $1.25 a week and someone else determines your meal plan for that week. You choose which store you shop at and you even have options regarding whether you need a menu to feed a family of 4 or 2, lowfat or a point system, and 5 day plan or a 7 day plan. I started this last Wednesday because my store of choice was Publix and the team at E-Mealz post Publix menus on Wednesday due to that day being the beginning of the new sale week. Also, for a family of 4 the cost will be under $85 and for a family of 2 it should be under $35. Don and I went ahead with the Low Fat Publix Family Plan. I spent $102 last Wednesday. I had to buy a few things not on the list. I think we will probably eat on that meal plan until this weekend (so more than one weeks worth). The meals are SUPER easy, taste good, my grocery shopping took less than 1 hour and I did it on Wednesday when noone was in the grocery store. The best part is that I didn't have to think, AT ALL! A big plus on my end. You just print your list off of the website and it organizes your list by departments in the store. Here is the website if you think you might be interested in joining:

. So far, I have made a roast which satueed vegetables and rice, Ritz rollup chicken, mexi-Meatball (kinda like taco soup), and open face pizza subs. They were all tasty! I have been eating leftovers for lunch, but I am considering halving my recipes from now on (which will drop our cost and lessen the leftovers).
2 comments:
So, did you do the 2-person plan? And still had leftovers? Hmmm... I'm intrigued. I was hesitant when hearing about Mer, but I'm warming up to the idea. If there are leftovers, we could handle the 2-person and it would be cheaper. Those dinners don't sound too bad (except for the taco soup--but I could do a SmartOnes and let Rob eat that).
I haven't ever heard of this. It sounds interesting. You'll have to keep me updated on how you like it long term. Do you ever miss getting to cook recipes of your own that you like?
Post a Comment