Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sweet Potato Pie and a Shut My Mouth


So my little chunker started veggies last Sunday. She did really good with her first vegetable, Sweet Potatoes. She took them from the spoon like a baby bird from its momma. She smiled alot and by the time the meal was over, she would have sweet potatoes from ear to ear. Later in the week I realized that Kate was becoming increasingly needy and fussy at night. Nothing really made her happy. I talked to all generations above and they had me convinced it was teething. So I am throwing baby orajel in her mouth and giving her tylenol to help with those itching gums. It doesn't seem to work.

Then Don speaks with a guy friend at church Wednesday night and he tells him that we should give mylicon a try. He said you can at least rule that out.

I take the mylicon box up to my parent's Thursday night when I spend the night with them but don't think about it again until mom feeds baby bird her sweet potatoes. After that she becomes increasingly fussy. Mom eventually puts her on her stomach and she calms down. BINGO! Awww, I have been giving her food that hurts her tummy.

All better now, except she HATES her new vegetable...Sweet Peas (her mommy does too, always has since the daycare days)!

4 comments:

Kelly Key said...

Allison that is such a cute title! That picture of her is adorable with her sweet potatoe pie mustache! :-) Glad you figured out the el-pra-blemo..

Alli said...

To this day, John requires gas drops sometimes--it's a common prob, I think!

FYI: if Kate does teeth soon, I have heard from several pediatricians that Orajel can harden the gums, thus making it harder for the teeth to break through. It numbs them for a short time, but hardens them and causes more problems than it helps. Just thought that tidbit might help! Ice in a washcloth might help, and when she's old enough those same Ped's said rubbing Benadryl on the gums helps more.

Don't mean to overstep my bounds on the advice, but that was a piece I was grateful to receive! (And I posted it so other moms might benefit also).

PS-I LOVE the pic. Those first food pics are some of the BEST!

Anna said...

Good stuff! I need these reminders for when #3 arrives... it's been a while since I've thought about teething and such!

Tiffany Norris said...

Her eyes are enormous! Beautiful!