
Thursday morning Mamey arrived around 7am to pick me and Cup-Kate up. We loaded her car (busting at the seams) and then jumped on the interstate. We met up with my aunt and cousin (not mother and daughter) at the Alabaster Chick-flick and then made our way down to Destin. Mom and I found an awesome condo at Beachside I at the SanDestin resort. We went prepared in that we brought all of our groceries (or at least thought, I forgot diapers) with us. My aunt Julie and cousin Rachel were cooking one night Shepperd's Pie and breakfast the next morning. I was cooking Shrimp and Artichoke Bake one night and mom cooking orange rolls and bacon the next morning. The final night we were going out to eat. It worked out perfectly and everything was Scrumptious-Deely-uptious! I of course had to order some King Crab Legs when we went out. It was amazing except the fact that the bumps on this crab HURT. :) Anywho, mishaps/highlights of the extended weekend were...
1) I overflowed the toilet. Oh YES! From toilet paper, not from other. SO, I came running out of the guest bath I shared with mom the second morning screaming "THE TOILET IS OVERFLOWING!" Mom and Julie come running in and mom turns off the water as I am heaving suitcases on the twin beds. Yes, the water had made its way under the crack of the door into mom and I's bedroom. Don't worry, it didn't get on any of our luggage and we mopped it up. Ahhhhhh...why me?!?
2) The last night my Aunt Julie and Cousin Rachel decided they couldn't stand saying goodbye to the ocean so they were going to go back out there for a little bit around 11pm at night. They were sitting out on our patio. Our condo was ground floor so you could go out the back or front to leave the condo. My aunt Julie thought they should go out the back and through the pool area and then up the steps, down the ramp, and down the steps to get to the beach instead of going out the front door and skip all of pool and up steps part, so they wouldn't wake us up. Sweet of her but not good thinking on her part. First off, you couldn't lock the back door from outside. Someone could have stolen us!:) Secondly, the security guy locked the pool gates at night so in order for Julie and Rachel to go through the pool area they had to climb over a 4ft gate. No problem for Rachel, then Julie went. She came down on her knee wrong. Next thing you know, she is on her bottom and Rachel couldn't get her up. Julie sent Rachel to wake my mom out of a dead sleep. Mom got Julie up and then all three were locked inside the pool area. Mom found a way they might could get Julie out (remember she is hurt). Just as they were trying out the plan, the security guy shows up, doesn't ask one question, and frees them. Here is where I come in. I am sound to sleep in the deep sleep you get your first hour or so of sleep. I hear loud banging on the door. I look over to mom's bed. She is not there. I open the door, no questions or peeping. I see my aunt huffing and puffing with her arm around my mom's shoulder and I ask "What happened?" It was actually kinda funny the sight, like some kinda of flashback to Spring Break yet with your parents acting a fool.:)
3) Kate got her first Airbrush t-shirt (my aunt came up with the perfect saying but we had to leave it at that). You will probably catch a glimpse of it in summer lake pictures as that might be the only place she is allowed to wear it.
4) We dove into the waves OVER and OVER and OVER again. The water felt perfect. The sun felt glistening. The breeze was refreshing. MAY is the PERRRRRRRRfect time to go to the beach. Kate loved the water. She swam in the pool with her new float that has a canopy attached. She also dipped her feet several times when the waves came crashing in. She took naps midmorning under the beach umbrellas and let her mom play some. She loves the action and all the people. That's my girl!
Here are some pics:





Guess who is sitting up...

3 comments:
Wow, Kate's a tan little thing :) I'm happy to finally have details! Of course, drama has to follow you :) How about handing over the recipe from your dish? Sounds yummy!
Allison you look GREAT! Sounds like y'all had an eventful, but fun trip =)
Ah!!! That sounds great! Glad you guys had a good time. :)
Post a Comment