My sweet baby girl turned 8 months old yesterday. Her latest and greatest are: having to touch everything in sight, sticking her gut out/pushing her legs out straight/and throwing her head back when she wants out of the high chair while rocking back and forth, locking her legs when she doesn't want to sit and play with her toys, lots of whining and carrying on lately (maybe due to teething or just getting her first cold), and sitting up in the bathtub without anything supporting her.
I love her dearly but she is making her mommy work for her "mommy" title lately. Kate has been easy to take care of thus far but with each month it seems to me a little harder to keep her content. Uh Oh, sounds like she is going to act like her momma. She is a very curious cat that likes to see and touch/stick in her mouth, as many things as possible. She loves the water and her bathtub and outside inflatable pool, especially sucking on the washrag for water. She was eating good there for a while where she would eat 1+ level 2 jars 3 times a day. Because she has had a cold the last few days, she hasn't been eating much. She still is a whooper, weighing in around 17.5 to 18lbs. She is a great sleeper at night...thank goodness! We are still working on the crawling thing. She really has a long way to go in that she doesn't like to be on her stomach very long at all. Sometimes it sounds like she is saying "mamamamamamamama" when she is borderline fussy. I don't think she really is saying mama to me but it sure sounds like it. We are trying to introduce her to a sippy cup or bottle so that she will be less dependant on me and I can start the process of weaning her. It also would be great to give her some apple juice in church to keep her content for a little while. Did I mention that church is work for me now? Yep, she starts fussing at the opening prayer and doesn't stop until church is over. If you ever visit the church I attend, look for me in the nursery. Also, no teeth yet but I do think her front, lower gum looks white. We are excited to see what the next 8 months hold for Kate.
I do have the yard sale coming up this Saturday. I will go downstairs tomorrow and take some pictures of the furniture I plan to sell. I will post on here between now and then and if anyone is interested, let me know. I have a few decent pieces, I think. I hope to make some moolah to use towards redecorating the house since I spend a ridiculous amount of time here these days. Being a SAHM isn't that bad...Actually, it's awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment