Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lick the Doorknob and Get Over It

Wade and Gretchen are home! Yay! Mom and Dad threw a little party Tuesday night where the family was invited to hang out with the Colorado couple. We all miss them so much! The shindig started at 4pm. Mom cooked some Boston Butts, Cheesy Potatoes, Slaw and rolls. It was yummy. Then she had a cute decorated Publix cake for them. It was filled with some type of fruit filling. Yummy! Dad of course had a little fire outside for everyone to sit around and fellowship.

Kate was a hit! When almost everyone was in the living room, Kate started performing. She did her little tiptoed walk in circles around the room where everyone watching and cheered for her. She smiled big with her tongue going in and out. So proud!

It was shortly after this display, the bubonic plague hit. (Rewind: Last week Don and I had the stomach bug. Started with Don then made it's way to me). Kate had gone 4 days without so I thought she was safe. WRONG! That night she started tossing her cookies. We left the next morning hoping we didn't infect anyone else. I got a call from my mom today. The count is now to 5. My mom, Gretchen, Mawmaw Moore, sweet Aunt Becca, and Aunt Stephanie. Seriously?!? I called mom back and told her to tell the guys to just go ahead and lick the doorknobs so they can get it and be over it before our trip to Nashville this weekend! :)

Once I get a few pictures off my parents camera (from the party), I will post!

No comments: