Mom and I spent half the day together yesterday with Kate and Petey. We stopped at a park to let Kate stretch her legs and Petey use the bathroom. I also had to go so mom directed Kate over to the playground as I went. Petey stood outside the door and scratched and whined then disappeared. I walked out of the bathroom and here come running as fast as they could, BOTH of my children. They both had to cross a small field/grass area so it took a little time to get to me. I bent down and opened my arms and Kate threw herself in them. Man I felt loved and needed! Mom reflected on that scene this morning to me and said when she thought about it she started crying. It brought back memories of when Wade and i were babies and she was our whole world. She also thought about how much we needed her then. I laughed at mom and asked her if she was hormonal then I laughed and said I will probably do the same when I watch my grandkids. Kate is absolutely at the most precious stage right now. She is so sweet and loving. She has a ton of personality and is REAL honest about the way she feels. I love watching her stumble around on her tip-toes. I am trying to freeze as much of it as I can in my head. Time marches on but I am thankful for beautiful memories.
"Yesterday,
...
Oh, I believe in yesterday." :)
Best friends are overrated
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment