Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Wooden Spoon

Oh yes, it is time to purchase one of those! I don't know about you guys but my mom used to pop us with a wooden spoon when we were bad. I noticed some friends of ours from church had one for their 9 month old. With Kate's latest outburst, mama (me) is getting a wooden spoon. So maybe after a pop or two and some time out, we will know who is boss. Kate has started this little sad face when her feelings are hurt. It truly breaks my heart. However, I can't have a spoiled rotten brat on my hands so I will reassure her that mama still loves her. I just didn't think Kate was going to be the type to push the envelope. She does....on everything! Some days it is a fight to change her diaper (1), put her clothes on (2), get her in the car (3), and normally some type of small outburst when we are somewhere (4). This Big Ole Preggo is exchausted! Anyway, now that I have a child that definitely challenges me, I secretly hope all kids challenge their parents at one time. I know that is bad for me to feel that way, but why should one get off fancy free when others have to work so hard. Ha!

Now look at my precious angel (haha):

2 comments:

Keith and Meredith said...

Join the club! I carry one in the car just in case things get "hairy" when out and around! I was at a Pampered Chef party, and several of the Moms started talking about how their spoons were the best for this purpose, so if you want an expensive spoon, you know where to go! :)

Alli said...

Paint sticks are also a cheap solution--and if they break, you can always run by Lowe's for more. John is very "spirited," so I know what you mean. (Dontcha like my nice way of putting it? He is his father made-over. Haha!)