Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Animal versus The Beast

Okay guys. I am getting lazier and lazier with these posts. I have a ton of pictures to post but I am not going to lie, my Apple computer is slow posting them so I get bored with it. So you only get highlights. I attached a picture of Kate Friday night at the Senior Member Appreciation Dinner that the younger folks do for the older folks at church. It was a Tailgating theme. Kate snatched her DA-DA's hat off his head as soon as we walked in and proceeded to wear it like this the rest of the night. I am pretty sure all involved had a great time.



Saturday we had a crazy busy day with Don's sister and husband coming down to go to the Bama vs Penn State football game with us. His sister informed us midweek that she snagged some "Zone" tickets from her employer/doctor. We sold our tickets and lived up the way the higher class do football games. We walked into a air conditioner holding area where they wrist banded us then took us by elevator to the 5th floor. We walk out and there are men and women's VERY CLEAN restrooms. After that we see rows and rows of buffet tables serving all types of football cuisine. Unfortunately there weren't many places to sit at that time so we walked outside and stood at a balcony that overlooked the mass of people making their way into the stadium. After we stuffed our faces, we made our way out to our seats that were 3 rows from top in lower section of endzone. We could come and go out of the air conditioned part as much as we like during ballgame. We also could eat as much as we wanted. Can I just say that was the fastest half-time we ever set through. :) Might have been due to the fact that we were again stuffing our faces and concluding with a nutty butty ice cream cone. The game was great for the home team in which we won 24 to 3. It was also neat seeing 3 legends on the field... 83 year old Joe Pa, Bobby Bowden, and Nick Saban. Oh and to explain my blog title. Our 2nd string running back, Trent Richardson has started the last 2 games due to our Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram being out due to injury. Don and I had a discussion at the beginning of the game about who would be considered "The Beast" and who would be considered "The Animal". I said, definitely Richardson as "The Animal" and Ingram as "The Beast". I based this on body type, the way they made their yards, and personality. By the end of the game, I had changed my mind. Trent helped change my mind as I watched him countless times drag 4 or 5 defenders with him as he made extra yards. Trent is now "The Beast" in my eyes. But as I learned tonight on Big Brother (love that show), "The Animal" beats "The Beast" in the end.

LIfe has been fairly crazy lately with preparing for the arrival of our baby boy and football season, birthdays, and upcoming holidays. I love this time of the year but I am not sure I am going to be able to keep my blog updated like I should. I will do my best!



No comments: