Monday, December 20, 2010

It's About Survival

So now, I have officially been home a week by myself. It's been crazy busy. Before my feet even hit the floor in the morning, I have a little munchkin with a fro bossing me from the floor. Yep, Kate wakes up around 7 every morning and makes her way into our room where she pulls everything out of the pack-n-play then makes her way onto our bed. Saturday morning the whole gang was on the bed...Petey included. Thankfully we have a King bed!

Can I just say that my little Kate is so entertaining these days. It's like she grew up in the few days she was at my parents. She now is having conversations with us. This is generally how they go...Me: "Kate, lets get ready to go?" Kate: "Mommy go?" Me: "Yes, mommy is going" Kate: "Daddy go?" Me: "Yes, daddy is going" Kate: "Baby go?" Me: "Yes, Baby is going" Kate: "Me go?" Me: "Yes you are going" Kate: "Petey go?" Me: "No, Petey can't go". Mostly these conversations revolve around going to church so then I explain to her that dogs are not allowed in church. :) She says other things like "Mommy, I want Milk." Yeah, she is kinda a late talker but I figure she is going to be a BIG talker SO she is saving up. And for those that have the volume up on their computer, this Justin Beiber tribute or "Beeper" (like I like to call him) is for Kate. She loves this song and likes to run around the house and dance to it. Don was impressed with one of her dance moves the other day and asked me if I taught it to her. I couldn't take credit for it. It was kinda a "roll em' up" move from Patty Cake Patty Cake but done while dancing and to the beat. :) Kate is all about daddy these days. Those two make my heart melt. She just runs into his arms ALL.THE.TIME for ABSOLUTE.NO.REASON. Love it! Then you hear lots of giggling from both parties. As I type this, Kate just put her hand around my back as she sips her milk and watches Shrek 2. Love that girl! (Update she did it again and proceeded to push me back against the couch on her hand and then lay her hand on my side and say "My Mommy", :))

Lets talk about Luke. I am in absolute LOVE with him! He is so funny to me even as a newborn. Seriously, he gets so frustrated while eating and pushes off and slings his head around and just gives out a loud bellow of a scream. I know that is so mean of me to think that is funny but I just like his little attitude...for now. :) He is starting to look a whole lot like his sister. Yep, Don appears to have won out, AGAIN! I was changing his diaper yesterday and I was perusing the Pampers size 1, turquoise green bag with the baby laid against his mother's chest on it. I studied each of the baby's features and NO LIE, that baby looked just like Luke. I told Don I will have to get a picture of him asleep on me and then do a side by side comparison for you. See what you think! I remember with Kate we thought she looked just like the Gerber baby around 9 months, now we think Luke looks like the Pampers baby. ha!

Okay, that is all I have for now. But I will leave you with a picture of my sweet ums...

I do realize this picture is HORRIBLE of me but this is very typical of my life...wherever I am, the rest are (no matter how small of space!).





1 comment:

Alli said...

I still can't believe you posted a Bieber tune! (Um, sure it was for Kate...) And I love the pic. I avoided the camera in the early stages, and now I wish I hadn't.

It is so typical for everyone to gravitate to mom, and for mom to never have time to herself. Don't you remember doing it to your mom? I did, for sure.