Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Disappointment yet Understanding

I woke up this morning to find out that Kate's release from the hospital would be postponed. Kate had a braiding (sudden drop in heart rate over the night) and once that happens the NICU won't release her for another 7 days. The last time she had one of those was on 10/20, last Monday, then she went 7 days without one. As you can imagine, I was terribly disappointed. Don was there to put things in perspective. He commented "well if she needs to be there, I am glad she is there". She is 5lbs 7.7 ounces now. What a chunk! :) The doctor came by when I was up there a few hours ago and said that she is not doing anything that is not common for preemies to do. She also said that her drops were very short and she pulled herself out of them. Some of the nurses said that reflux could cause some of those. I think she might have some. I will just have to be more patient and wait until the time is right for little Kate to come home.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Awwww, I'm sorry Allison! I want her to come home too. But, Don is right--it's good that she's there if she needs to be. Could you imagine if something happened after you brought her home? Let her little body get everything straight, and then you can bring her home with no worries. Keep your spirits up!

Nichole said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! She's just giving you enough time to get everything ready for her at home. She wants it all to be perfect....hmmm...wonder where she got the perfectionist gene? ;)
Nichole