Dear sweet Baby Kate,
My heart aches right now thinking about how much I love you and how excited I am about our future together. You are the sweetest little thing. These days you are cooing up a storm and you love it when your mommy talks back to you. You weigh 12.5lbs and are 3.5 months old. I would never have dreamed you could be this much fun at such a young age. It is the best feeling in the world when I get you from your crib and you smile that gummy smile at me.
For the reasons above, I turned in my resignation today. I no longer will be a career woman but rather a stay-at-home mommy to you. I am very grateful to your daddy for working so hard so that we can stay home. I am so happy that I will get to see you grow and develop. I only want the best for you and I will do everything in power to make your life as great as it can be.
I look forward to our future football games with daddy, our shopping trips with Mamey , our lake trips with Pop, and our cross country trips to see uncy Wade. We also can not forget about visiting your Oma and Grandpa Farmer on their farm in Alder Springs where you will transform into a little cowgirl. I hope you like to play with boys because you will have alot of them in your world with Ryan and Reid Renyer (first cousins) in Huntsville and Marco and Marshall McBride (third cousins) in Palmerdale. They might play a little rough but you will appreciate that roughness when you get to cheer them on as star linebackers for The University of Alabama (your favorite football team, ROLL TIDE!).
Also on this day, history was made when the first African American, Barack Obama, was sworn in as President of the United States. You and I have sat in front of the television all day and watched inauguration festivities. President Obama was elected the day you came home from the hospital (November 4, 2008). Expectations are high for this President as he inherits a recession compared to the Great Depression (you will learn about that one day). He also hopes to end an overseas war that was started with a terrorist attack on our World Trade Center, September 11, 2001.
Kate, I love you so much. I now understand the phrase loving someone so much it hurts. I feel that for you. Here is to this Historic Day, I am full of hope for our future!
Love,
Your Mommy
Best friends are overrated
12 years ago

1 comment:
Awww! That is such a sweet letter!! Kate will love to read it someday--and I think it's so good that you threw in current events with the emotional openness.
And I am SOOOOooo glad you will be staying home! You will never regret that decision. Even the days when she's 2 and testing you, you will be glad that you are there to set the ground rules rather than depend on someone else to instill their morals in her. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment