Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sunday Afternoon at Grandma's & Grandpa's

Just for future reference, Grandma is my mother, also known as Mamey (Amy with an M thrown on the front and an E thrown at the end), Grandpa is my father, also known as Pop. Kate and I stopped by Sunday afternoon and my parents ate her up. They just love the way she is putting on a show these days. What really tickled me was my dad giggling and truly believing she was the stinkin icing on the cake! As soon as we drove up, my mom snatched her up and took her in their bedroom where the coos and giggles multiplied. Kate loved it, even started squealing (which I had not heard before). Here are a few pictures from that experience:




Then I had to leave for a baby shower for a work friend of mine and in the meantime my grandmother drove up (which would be Kate's great grandmother). She also thought Kate was the TOAST! Here is a picture of her holding Kate:




It was a good visit!

Here is a picture of Don holding her the day he got home from work early. Side note: Don has been working like a dog lately. It really stinks but there is light at the end of the tunnel (March) and that is when we decided to take a road trip with our girl.






I think my little Kate will be a runner, tennis player, or soccer star based on her legs always moving and her constant scanning of the room. This girl doesn't miss much. Not sure who that is like. :)

One last side note. My grandmother brought it to my attention that I misspelled recession in an earlier post. I blame that on spell check. I always run spell check on my posts but the problem is, I always accept whatever they tell me it should be. Bad spell check, I had it right and you made me wrong!

Doesn't my girl look dapper in her mommy's yellow dress and her daddy's botties?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so adorable! Your family looks like they are eating her up - I don't blame them! Congrats on being a stay at home mom too! That's going to be a great thing for both you, Kate and Don!

Alli said...

Cute pics. Oooo, road trip? Where? I do want to know where you are going to take a 5-month-old. Can't be too long of a trip, to havce to stop for an hour out of every 3 hours to feed, right?