Monday, July 19, 2010

No Rain on Our Parade

It rained hard (at times) all weekend long however we still managed to get out and enjoy plans we already made. We started off the weekend by having Tazikis' yummy Friday special and then attending Kate's first baseball game with friends. We saw the Birmingham Barons play the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx. Best part about game was that Kate was given a jersey when we carried her in, it says "Birmingham" across the front. Cool! Kate was not very good for the game. She walked up and down the steps the whole time. I figured she would be well entertained with Baylee, Ella, Hayleigh, Hannah, and Jake. Oh no! So we left in 4th inning. Besides, it was close to her bedtime and she was in the beginning phase of a cold. Yuck! Here are a few pictures from our night...




Saturday night we attended some church friend's wedding, Chad and Cecily Barnett. It was a beautiful wedding in Southside at the Historical Rucker Place. The food was "slap your mama" good. Seriously the mac n' cheese and fried green tomatoes are making my mouth water right now. Yummmm! Kate and Don sat in the car until after the ceremony. I couldn't take a chance of Kate causing an interruption. :) Here are a few pics from the night...



Jake and Kate - 4 months apart in age:



Also, I am meeting August 3rd with the lady that did Kate's bedding about baby boy's bedding. Her prices went up but I told her that all I really wanted was the bumper and sheet. I also might get a crib skirt. So by basically taking off the blanket and the pillow, we are getting it for half price. :)

2 comments:

Alli said...

Hahaha--that stage is so fun, but it is really hard to go places. Even baseball games, where you think they won't cause any problems (I mean, it oughta be easier than a wedding, right?). We'll be there again soon enough, and I don't think we're ready!

Anna said...

LOVE the cute new pic of Kate at the top of your blog. Glad you guys are doing well! Sorry about the ball game... Such is life w/a toddler. ;)