Sunday, November 7, 2010

Putting Things in Perspective

I am up at 5am on a Sunday. This is however the "Fall Back" Sunday so I guess my body thinks it is 6am (but really I was up an hour ago). Last night 2/3 of my family was trying to be in a bad mood about something that really doesn't matter. It's so funny how something that is suppose to be fun can mess with your emotions so much. Anyway, my mind and body has a way of fighting off negativity when I am confronted. SO thankful for this. But really what helped was looking at my little Kate...Smiley, not a care in the world, just wanting to have fun doing whatever that might be. Aren't children just the MOST precious thing ever!?! They are so innocent and so loving and SO genuine. You know exactly how they are feeling and why they are feeling it. If something hurts their feelings they are OVER it in a second. I have loved my life but I will have to say there are many times I am a tad bit jealous of Kate's youth and all she has to look forward to in this life. Wow, the future is bright! It is bright for D and I too. We get to go on this journey with her and her little brother. What a blessing! I look forward to trips to the ballpark and snacks from the concession stands, girl sleepover parties, school plays and pageants, Friday night football games, Senior Proms, Freshman year of college, marrying them off one day, and meeting our new grandbabies. It all just seems like so much fun. While I am so excited about the future, I have to remember to live for today and the joys of it. Life seems to be in fast forward now and I can't slow it down. I am thankful for my life and the people in it.





No comments: