Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Week & Wade & Gretchen Visit

Uncle Wade and Aunt Gretchen arrived on Monday. We love when they come to visit. Tuesday we drove up to the lake and showed them the progress on the lake house. When we were up there we noticed our cousin Joe and his family were next door visiting my aunt and uncle so we were happy to catch up with them. Before arriving at the lake we stopped by AllSteak in Cullman and had their wonderful vegetables with Famous Orange Rolls. Wade was a fan of those orange rolls as we all are. It was funny because on the way up Kate was a little scared of Wade and all of his loud, get-in-your face kinda ways. On the way home, she was obsessed with him. Gretchen and I took a picture of the difference in our bellies when we got to mom and dads. I think you can tell a few months difference in our due dates...

Wednesday I had my last doctor's visit. Afterwards we we to eat at OCarrs in Homewood. Gretchen and I took off after that and got pedicures at the Venetian at the Summit. We really enjoyed that as I don't think either one of us ever splurge on ourselves. I did mess up my 2 big toes before I ever left the salon. :( Afterwards we met up with Mamey, Pop, and Kate at the galleria and all watched as dad lassoed Kate onto the reindeer. We also had to all wave every time she went by. She loved all the attention.
And then there is Thanksgiving Day at Mom and Dad's. What a crazy group! :) So long due date, it was nice knowing you. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reference to Wade's "loud, get in your face ways" made me laugh out loud. Love the goofy family picture!!

Anna said...

That picture is hilarious!! I wonder if you are in labor as I leave this comment... God bless you and your family and precious new addition!!!