Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome to My Crib!

Lets see, summarization of January thus far...obsession with the Twilight Saga, discovery of the smile and the thumb, lots of work, and getting fatter and hiding under things if anything might sound scary. I will let you decide who did what.

As promised a long time ago, here are pics of Kate's nursery:





After we shared some laughs with our friends the Southerns, we decided to jump on the cool bus and buy a Wii. Of course that also involved purchasing Wii Fit. We should not run out of entertainment now when someone comes over. We have an Xbox (collecting dust), Wii (hasn't been set up yet), a pool table, a BABY, and a demanding dog. :) Here are some pics of Baylee and Ella holding Kate the other night...too cute:




Also here is someone's favorite pass times:




This week we are moving Kate from the pack & play beside my bed to her crib. She should do fine because she has slept in there many times during the day. It is just sad because I feel like she is growing up. :) I think I will sleep on that side of the house the first few nights just for the transistion. Don will probably love it and sleep like a baby.

This week, I have Backwards Bunco tonight (dress like Kriss Kross) and a baby shower to go to on Sunday, near my parent's house. Once I get over my current addiction, maybe I can move on to more productive things like organizing my closet. I also would like to capture cup-Kate and I talking to each other on camera. She coos and then I coo back. I feel like an animal talking to its infant. Hey, whatever makes me and my babe happy, I'll do it. :)

Also, if anyone can tell me where to find a cute baby floor lamp at a reasonable price, that would be great! As you can tell from the pics, her floor lamp is office-y versus babyish. I might just have to paint it!

3 comments:

{Amanda} said...

Oh Allison, I love the nursery! Y'all did such a wonderful job =)

I LUV the monogrammed bumper & pillow...that's precious in pink! and the cupcakes for cup"Kate" are a sweet touch.

Lovely!

Alli said...

Haha! So you fell for the Twilight saga. Goodluck finding something more "suitable" to do after that :) I've seen most of the nursery in person--love it! I want to do a room in pink some day! --keep praying.

Anonymous said...

love to have bayley and ella in bed and teach them where a baby comes from sexis best with young