Another crazy holiday behind us. I do not know if you can blame all busy-ness on me. Friday, Don, Kate, Petey, and I headed to Smith Lake to join my parents. We floated around on floats and ate hamburgers. It was so nice because there was a nice little breeze. Kate even joined us on the pier in her little swimming pool. Thanks to mom for making our visit so nice by watching Kate the majority of the time so I could swim. We drove home that night to leave 4th of July morning to head up to Cleveland, Alabama to join Don's dad's family, for a midday meal. It was at Don's uncle and aunt's house and they made it SO nice. They had a nice deck and underneath the deck they had a porch swing in the shade along with a plastic baby swing. Kate LOVED that! We will be purchasing our very own REAL soon! Didn't get any pics of that...too bad. After that we headed up to Don's mom's family's side. This side there were 12 children so normally it is crazy there but this holiday was surprising laid back with not as many. They love to get together and play Rook so I took a few pictures of that. Don's team came in 2nd...too bad! :) Kate got tons of attention there after her cousins, Ryan and Reid had to leave. She was eating it up! Thanks to her grand aunt Faye and distant cousin Alyssa for entertaining her. We headed back to Don's parents that night and saw some fireworks along the way, especially passing over the causeway at Guntersville lake. The next day we went to church and then headed home. The kids (meaning Petey and Kate) are exhausted which means it was a great holiday!
Also, when I was trying to think of a title to this blog post, I couldn't help but use "All-American Girl" and think of that Carrie Underwood song. When I found out I was pregnant, that song would not leave my head. I always thought I would have a boy first just because my mom did so I thought I would be the same. Everyone was telling me by the looks of me, it was a boy. When I found out it was a girl, I knew that I should have listened to what my thoughts were telling me. I love my little girl!
1 comment:
I thought of that song a lot while I was pregnant, too. I thought Lou was for sure a boy even after they told me she was a girl. I was the same as you I always thought I'd have a boy first and people told me it looked like I was carrying a boy. Surprise! I love having a girl, also.
Post a Comment