Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mini...or is it MAXI- Cooper!

Baby Cooper Ethan Southern entered the world this morning at 7:21am weighing a whooping 9lbs and 4 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long. Red hair, of course (just like the big sisters)! My good friend Keri is doing great. Kate and I arrived at Brookwood Hospital around 7:30 to a waiting room full of Keri and Ethan's family. My friend Brooke was also out there. We discussed we felt just as much like family considering we probably see those kiddos more than our neices and nephews. I am so happy for them and can't wait to go back tomorrow night and hold him. I was unable to this morning because by the time they had her situated in a room, they had to take Cooper to the nursery to be put under a heating lamp due to his temperature dropping. I guess you can say Kate is already "head over heels" for Coop considering as we were trying to leave, Kate's stroller turned over as I was trying to place her in it. Thankfully I had a very good grasp on her but she did scream from fear. I think I overweighted the handle part of the stroller with a baby bag, camera and purse and then of course from Kate's mean arch of the back when being placed in her carseat. :) Here is baby Toopah (as Ella will pronounce it):





Also, we found out our other church friends, Ryan and Kelly are having a boy. Another couple, Carl and Cheryl are finding out today the sex of their baby. If it is another boy that there will be 4 consistent boys whose parents attend our church since Kate arrived. Before Kate, there were 4 consistent girls and then 1 boy, then Kate. Not to mention that Kate has 2 sets of boy cousins in her world. One on my side (my cousin's boys) and one of Don's (Don's sister's boys). Where are all the girls?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yea, it's seems to be a boy world right now, and wouldn't I know it, w/our third boy on the way!
I have had similar stroller instances, too. Thank God that he protects our little ones when stuff like that happens. :)