Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NINE, She Starts to Shine!


Another month goes by and our girl is just as sassy as ever. She has definitely developed a little personality for herself. She pitches little fits everytime she thinks she is being put down whether it be in her crib, in her entertainer, on the floor, or in her highchair. Yikes! Sometimes they don't last that long. She also will lock her legs in place so that you can't sit her down. Do I smell some serious stinkiness!?! She is still only sitting up but I have a feeling crawling is coming very soon. She reaches far and wide for everything within her perimeter these days to touch. She rolls back and forth, from her stomach, back to her back, and just smiles everytime she completes a set. She has been doing this for a while but it is like it just clicked that this might equal freedom for her. She is still an extremely good eater and would probably open her mouth if you were on your 10th bottle of baby food. It's kinda like running a marathon for her, just past the 2nd bottle, it's just another bite/mile. She has taken her back arching to a whole new level now. Instead of doing the "Worm" where you push yourself off the floor then fall back down in rhymic motion, she does that on her back across the floor from some mean back arches. She has started going to cradle roll class at church and really enjoys the teachers singing to her and giving her new toys to stick in her mouth. She loves when you sing to her and especially her "ABCs". It always seems to calm her down. She loves picking up Petey's ball and attempting to stick it in her mouth, grabbing Petey's paw in a tight hold, and petting Petey. She sometimes will do this mischevious little snicker with it like she is getting away with something. She has got to have one of the sweetest little laughs EVER. It truly melts my heart and for that moment in time, I feel pure joy in my heart. She is starting to become a true talker and loves to hear herself. Sometimes she will continually kick it up a notch until she is making a loud back of the throat (I-want-to-bang-my-head-against-the-wall) noise. It's so funny to watch her face sometimes as she is making these noises because she becomes so proud of herself the louder she goes the more serious her face becomes. It's like she is telling us something very important and we all must listen. She doesn't have a favorite toy right now or food, but I will say she is a big squash and carrot fan. On the fruit side, I would say pears are her favorite. Last week she weighed in at 18lbs. She goes Tuesday, July 14th for her 9th month checkup. I will report back on her statistics.

Kate, Keep rocking our world little country girl! :)

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

Awwww Kate! I can't believe it's already been 9 months...she's 3/4 of the way to her first birthday!

Don't worry about the fits, M is quite the stinker too...in addition to starting seperation anxiety, when I strap him in the car seat he gets so mad that sometimes I think he's going to make himself pass out (face turns red, screaming so hard that he doesn't take in much air inbetween howling).